THE NINE PRINCIPLES OF *DREAM
1. *DREAM stands against hate & prejudice in all forms. We seek to actively oppose bigotry & harassment in gaming communities. We create kind spaces.
2. *DREAM works to be radically inclusive. We seek support and encourage creators, GMs, Players, and organizers from marginalized groups. And we seek to get better at this all the time.
3. *DREAM encourages the use of sensible tools for communication and consent.
4. *DREAM opposes harassment and strives for non-toxic discourse. We value best intentions, we call in before calling out, and we start discussions before we make accusations. We seek to empower everyone to curate their spaces.
5. *DREAM values creators & their work. We support equitable pay for professional creators and fair treatment for hobbyists.
6. *DREAM values a DIY approach to creation. We question gatekeeping, we take alternative approaches when traditional publishing models fail, and we believe anyone can make great games.
7. *DREAM values experimentation in game design & world-building.
8. *DREAM isn’t defined by, but is interested in: anti-canons, emergent story, generative worlds, kitbashing, non-violent play options, and more. And it is fine if some of these things contradict each other.
9. There is no one *DREAM. Anyone who commits to these principles is *DREAMing.